Customer Agreement for
Non-Insured Products and Services
Customer understands that many of the Products and Services available from Inyo-Mono Title Company., a California Corporation., its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, licensors and/or authorized agents (collectively referred to herein as “the Company”) through a Customer Service representative or other Company employee, the Global Premier Services (“GPS”) website or any derivative website or mobile app, are not insured and do not provide the benefit or protection afforded by a policy of title insurance. If Customer desires such protection, a policy of title insurance, binder, commitment or guarantee should be requested from the Company.
Non-insured products that may be available via the GPS site or app include, but are not limited to: Property Profiles, eFarms, Lead Locators, AVMs, Foreclosure Reports, Subject Property Reports, Property Valuation Reports, Premium Leads and Owners and Encumbrance Reports.
BY THE EXECUTION AND SUBMISSION OF THIS CUSTOMER AGREEMENT, CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES:
- That the Company’s sole obligation under a non-insured report and this Customer Agreement shall be to set forth information such as the ownership of and liens and encumbrances against the land as requested and in doing so, the Company is not acting as an abstractor of title.
- That the Company shall not be obligated under a non-insured report to pay costs, attorneys’ fees, or expenses incurred in any action, proceeding, or other claim brought against Customer.
- That a non-insured report is not an abstract of title, title opinion, preliminary report or commitment to issue title insurance.
- That the Company’s liability under a non-insured report for an error or omission is, as stated below, limited and that if Customer desires that the Company assume additional liability, a policy of title insurance, binder, commitment, or guarantee should be requested from the Company.
- That any dissemination of non-insured reports to third parties is subject to all terms, conditions and limitations of this Customer Agreement and Customer agrees to make third parties aware of these limitations of liability.
- That the GPS website and mobile app may contain additional Terms and Conditions governing access to and use of the sites themselves. Nothing contained herein should be deemed to alter, amend or conflict with those Terms and Conditions.
- That the report is not valid and the Company shall have no liability thereunder unless the Limitations of Liability as stated below are attached thereto.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
THIS REPORT IS LIMITED IN SCOPE. IT IS NOT A COMMITMENT, ABSTRACT OF TITLE, TITLE OPINION, CERTIFICATE OF TITLE OR PRELIMINARY TITLE REPORT, NOR IS IT A REPRESENTATION OF THE STATUS OF TITLE, AND ITS ACCURACY IS NOT INSURED. WHILE THIS INFORMATION IS BELIEVED TO BE CORRECT, THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AS TO ITS ACCURACY, DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE REPORT, ASSUMES NO DUTIES TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, DOES NOT INTEND FOR YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY TO RELY ON THE REPORT, AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OCCURRING BY REASON OF RELIANCE ON THIS REPORT OR OTHERWISE. IN PROVIDING THIS REPORT, THE COMPANY IS NOT ACTING AS AN ABSTRACTOR OF TITLE. IF IT IS DESIRED THAT LIABILITY BE ASSUMED BY THE COMPANY, YOU MAY REQUEST AND PURCHASE A POLICY OF TITLE INSURANCE, A BINDER, OR A COMMITMENT TO ISSUE A POLICY OF TITLE INSURANCE. NO ASSURANCE IS GIVEN AS TO THE INSURABILITY OF THE TITLE. CUSTOMER RECOGNIZES THAT THE FEE CHARGED IS NOMINAL IN RELATION TO THE POTENTIAL LIABILITY WHICH COULD ARISE FROM SUCH ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR NEGLIGENCE. THEREFORE, CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT WILLING TO PROCEED IN THE PREPARATION AND ISSUANCE OF THE REQUESTED REPORT UNLESS THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY IS STRICTLY LIMITED. CUSTOMER AGREES, AS PART OF THE CONSIDERATION FOR THE ISSUANCE OF THE REPORT, THAT THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY AND ITS AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES AND SUBCONTRACTORS SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT EXCEED THE COMPANY’S TOTAL FEE FOR THE REPORT. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR SPECIAL DAMAGES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OF THE COMPANY, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF WARRANTIES, FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE.